Self Help Resources
We hope you find these resources useful:
- Click here to find out more about SARCS and the opportunity to access a forensic examination without reporting to the police.
- Click here to download a brilliant self help guide created by the Click Project funded by SACRO.
- Breathing technique for anxious feelings: https://www.improvisedlife.com/2018/04/24/4-7-8-breathing-powerful-anti-anxiety-measure-ive-found-dr-weil/
- Polyvagal tuning - calming the fight, flight or freeze - breathing and movement technique: https://soundcloud.com/user-981576279/polyvagal-tuning-bill
- The Window of Tolerance: https://www.laurakkerr.com/wot-guide/ - you can also access this document by clicking opposite.
Click opposite to download a useful guide regarding Staying Safe During Coronavirus
Click opposite to download First Psychology Scotland Mental Health Wellbeing Toolkit
You can access the Rape Crisis Scotland Helpline on 08088 01 03 02 between the hours of 5pm and midnight
One of our talented community composed some beautiful harp music, click opposite to download the files. The flower songs can be used for meditation, and the final track was recorded on the beautiful island of Iona complete with wonderful sounds of the sea.
Click here for all things Fife Council related during Coronavirus
Caring for Yourself after Sexual Violence - A free course from Victim Focus - click here to download
Click here for advice from NHS Scotland on self referral for forensic examination.
https://www.hpac.nhs.uk/HPAC/HPACIndex.jsp?sitename=hpac.fife.scot.nhs.uk - HPAC online catalogue of resources.
www.onyourdoorstepfife.org.uk - holds advice, information, things to do, short breaks and care and support in Fife.
www.nhsinform.scot - the go-to health website with reliable, easy to understand information on health topics, Covid 19 vaccine and self help guides for minor illnesses, as well as symptoms, causes and treatments of common illnesses.
https://www.accesstherapiesfife.scot.nhs.uk/ has online therapies, self help links and local Fife groups for anxiety, sleeping, assertiveness and Step On Stress.
- Information After Rape and Sexual Assault - including information on self referral
- Supporting LGBTI survivors of sexual violence
- RCS Helpline Leaflet
- Rape or Sexual Assault Abroad
- Information for Friends
- Information for Partners
- Information for Parents
- Information for Young People Supporting Friends
- Drug Assisted Sexual Violence
- Police and Legal Advice
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Rape and Sexual Assault
- Information and support for anyone experiencing sexual violence and harassment in the workplace
- Dissociation: information for survivors of sexual violence
- Suicidal thoughts & feelings: information for survivors of sexual violence
- Anger: Information for Survivors of Sexual Violence
- Relationships: information for survivors of sexual violence
- Coping after sexual violence
- Healing from sexual violence
- Nightmares & sleep problems: information for survivors of sexual violence
- Sexual health: information for survivors of sexual violence
- Flashbacks: information for survivors of sexual violence
- Panic attacks: information for survivors of sexual violence
- Self-harm: information for survivors of sexual violence
- Supporting Male Survivors of Sexual Violence
- National Advocacy Leaflet- this can be downloaded by clicking on image above
- Looking for support? This booklet is translated into the following languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, French, Polish, Punjabi, Slovak & Urd
The Scottish Women's Rights Centre - Stopping Harassment - A Legal Guide
Rape Crisis Organisations in Scotland
- Rape Crisis Edinburgh
- Rape Crisis Forth Valley
- Rape Crisis Grampian
- Rape Crisis Scotland
- Rape Crisis Moray
- RASAC Perth & Kinross
- The Star Centre
- Shetland Rape Crisis
- Orkney Rape Crisis
- Western Isles Rape Crisis
- Glasgow & Clyde Rape Crisis
- Argyll & Bute Rape Crisis
- Dumfries & Galloway RASAC
- Scottish Borders Rape Crisis
- Rape Crisis Scotland Survivors Guide to the Scottish Justice System
Others useful links
Fife Law Centre - a charity and offers a range of advice and representation for those who have difficulty accessing legal services
Better Than Well – supporting people who have been affected by childhood trauma
Kingdom Abuse Survivors Project - aims to eliminate the debilitating effects that childhood sexual abuse can have on adult survivors.
Fife Womens Aid – Supporting Women experiencing domestic abuse and professionals needing advice or information
Surviviors UK - support for male victims of sexual assault and abuse
In Care Survivors Scotland – a trauma informed counselling and advocacy support service for adults who suffered childhood abuse in care and their families.
Safe Space - offers support for male/female survivors of sexual abuse through counselling support, group work and justice support.
Talk Matters - offers a confidential counselling service for people in Fife we can help with a wide range of problems.
CHARIS – offers free professional counselling, training and retreats.
Stop and Talk – offers confidential a counselling service
The Next Chapter – offers confidential counselling in Edinburgh
Fearless – support for people experiencing domestic abuse in Scotland who identify as a man or from the LGBT+ community.
NAPAC - offers support to adult survivors of child sexual abuse and training for those who support them.
Andy’s Mens Club Dunfermline – supporting men over 18 who are going through a difficult time managing their emotional wellbeing and mental health.
Pink Saltire – supporting the LGBTI+ community in Scotland
Cedar Project – supporting children who have experienced domestic abuse
Stonewall Scotland– supporting lesbian, gay, bi and trans people to know they are not alone
Counselling Directory Fife – Connecting you with professional support
AMIS (Abused Men in Scotland - practical information, guidance and casework for men who have experienced domestic violence.
Men's Advice Line - Helpline for male victims of domestic abuse.
Breathing Space Scotland - a free, confidential, phone service for anyone in Scotland over the age of 16 experiencing low mood, depression or anxiety.
Mankind - Helping men escape domestic violence
Frontline Fife - Homelessness Services
Scottish Domestic Abuse Helpline - 0800 027 1234
Action Against Stalking - Support and advice
Fear Free - a support service for any man, or LGBTI+ person experiencing domestic abuse.
Sexual Health Fife - advice around contraception and STI's